Monday, January 25, 2010

Note Pad Holder

Good Morning Everyone!  I love mornings, especially Monday mornings for some reason!

This is a magnetic notepad that I purchased at Target in the $1 bin.  It had the black/red/white flowers printed on it already and was tied at the top with a red bow.  I took the magnetic strips off the back, as well as, removed the red bow - which I replaced with black and white gingham ribbon.

Today, I made a cover for it and thought it turned out cute.  The dimensions and items used are listed below.




The dimensions are:
Red Cover:  7 3/4" x 8" - Score at 3 7/8" and 4 3/16"
Black Side Bar on the front: 7 3/4" x 2"
Scallop Edge:  7 3/4" x 1 1/2"
Inside Pocket (Black): 3 1/2" x 3 5/8"  (White) 3 5/8" x 3 3/4"

I used the flower stamp from SU's A Good Egg and Versamark ink to stamp the background on to the Real Red card stock (it is really there - but you really have to look hard to see it).  I chalked a shadow around the scallop edge on the front cover using Stampin' Pastels (Basic Black).  The flowers were punched out from a die in my stash (amazing how they matched!).  The white buttons are from SU's Buttons Latte and the black buttons were from my stash.  The "notes" letters were also from my stash, purchased years ago and I'm just now getting around to using them. The ribbon I used was SU's 3/16" Black Gingham Ribbon. 

If you would like to place a Stampin' Up! order - CLICK HERE.

Thank you for stopping by today!  I appreciate all comments!

Blessings,
~Pamela~

0 comments: