Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bee Encouraged

 

If you wish to see a tutorial on this - please add a comment and make sure you become a "follower" of my blog - PLEASE!

Good Morning,

Bee Encouraged...something that everyone needs - encouragement, especially when most people have set new goals to achieve in the new year. 

I created this card a while back but wanted to share it with you today.  I paper pieced the bee hive, chalked it with Stampin' Pastels, layered in on to a black piece of card stock and then adhered Stampin' Dimensionals on the back side of it in order for it  to pop up on the card.

The bee's are an old stamp in which I stamped three times - one for the wings, which I stamped on vellun and cut out, another on the Whisper White card stock background, as well as, on the hive, then another on a piece of yellow card stock.  I cut the bee body out and placed in on top of the stamped image on the white. I also shaded the bottom of the bees with a bit of orange using the Stampin' Pastels. 

Black brads were placed in each corner and I tied a piece of black and white ribbon with a bow around the white piece of card stock for an accent.  The "encouraged" lettering were stickers from my stash that I have had for a bazillion years ago!  (Aren't scrapbookers and stampers such hoarders???).

Again, thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

~Pamela~

If you wish to place a Stampin' Up! order - CLICK HERE!

0 comments: