Friday, January 8, 2010

Blah Friday

It's a Blahhhhh Friday here in NE Florida today.  It has been cold here, just as though I was still living in Alaska and is quite overcast today.  I do love the cold tough and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will snow...I'll be keeping them crossed for a long time I think!

I have another simple card to post today.  Again, I am using the A Happy Heart stamp set.  I "scraplifted" this idea (sorry, I don't remember from where) and of course, added my own flair.


 The finished card measures 7" by 3 1/2"

Keep going............another close up photo farther down!!!!!

The Real Red center section of the card was stamped with Whisper White Craft ink - you may notice that I covered up the saying that was on the stamp.  I simply took a piece of a Post-It note and cut it down so it would fit over the saying.  After the stamp was inked, I removed the piece of Post-It, stamped the image on the card stock, then reapplied the Post-It to re-ink again (repeat, repeat, repeat).  I then cut two pieces of Whisper White card stock and used the boarder scallop punch along each side and attached it to either side of the red card stock.  I took a needle and pierced a hole in the center of each scallop.

For this card, I did chalk around the scalloped (using my brush method for control purposes) area with a magenta color as well as on the left side of each heart using Real Red.  I don't know if you can see it well but I'm hoping in the pictures you can see.  I think it added just a bit of dimensional touch.



Once is stamped the hearts using Real Red on to Whisper White card stock, I cut them out, re-mounted them on pink card stock and them cute them out again, leaving a small pink boarder. I attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful WARM weekend!

~Pamela~

If you would like to place a Stampin' Up! order - CLICK HERE!!!

0 comments: