Saturday, March 5, 2011

What a Glorious Day!

It's Saturday morning...I'm lounging on the sofa, my two doggies beside me, enjoying my morning java, and listening to the multitude of birds singing their hearts out in my back yard.  What a glorious day it is already!  My heart if full of gratitude and joy - especially on this day.  You see, my son is getting married today. 

Adam and Lindsey will be getting married at the Iditirod dog race in Anchorage, Alaska...yes...Alaska!  Adam asked Lindsey to marry him on Christmas morning.  We are more than thrilled to have her as a part of our family.  They have been living in Alaska since last April after working on the train during the summer months. 

Lindsey, will you marry me???

And she said...YES!


I remember oh so well that day in September of 2009...Adam texted me while we were still in Alaska (and he was living in Jacksonville at the time), and the text said..."I think I have met my future wife"....  We knew it had to be someone extremely special for him to tell us that!  Once we arrived home in October, we were introduced to this special young lady.  Someone who had captured my son's heart.  Lindsey has been such a blessing to all of us.  She fits right in with the family - on some occasions, she has been goofier than Adam (and THAT is hard to do!).

With Adam leaving for Army boot camp at the end of this month, we knew that he and Lindsey would want to get married before his departure, even though it would probably be in Alaska.  Though none of our family can attend today, our hearts and prayers are with them.  They are planning on a big wedding ceremony and reception back in Jacksonville once he is out of boot camp and training.

I love them both more than words could ever express.  I know that God has brought them together and my prayer is that the Lord blesses their marriage with many, many, happy years together - just like Rennie and I.  Oh what a GLORIOUS day!!!

Until next time...
Pamela 

0 comments: