Friday, August 20, 2010

You Just Never Know

This has been an interesting week for sure!  It all began last Thursday when I noticed I had a whelp on the left side of my forehead.  Not giving it much thought, I ignored it and went on with my daily routine.  I really didn't think much more about it until Sunday when the lymph nodes on that side of my head were noticeably swollen and the whelp begin to throb like a toothache.  Still I kept on with my "to do" list for the day, but began to "favor" it a little more and the site begin to swell more and more.  This is when I realized that I have probably been bitten by some varmint while I slept.  Then I REALLY was panicked...OH MY GOODNESS...I got bit in my SLEEP....this thing may still be in or under my bed!

Tuesday brought on more distress as my body was fighting this infection brought on by venom.  Tuesday night proved to be the worst ever.  About 1:00 am, I began to feel sick and experienced stomach virus type know the kind...the kind you DON'T want to have in the middle of the night!  Well, that tailspened me to call my doctor in the morning.  Upon hearing my story, they wanted me to come in immediately.

Upon her examination, she agreed that I had been bitten by something with venom, but since I didn't see the actual insect, we could not determine what kind; but she guessed a possible Brown Recluse spider.  She said that normally this would require a hospital stay for three days but we were going to treat it aggressively for the next three days and hopefully keep me from having to do that.  I received two injections that day, and then had to return for two more days in a row for more.  She wanted to re-evaluate it today and see what the next steps should be.

Today, I woke up with the upper portion of my eyelid swollen as though I'd been in a fight.  I had to laugh, because this was just too weird!  Even though I had a new issue, I felt that the antibiotics were beginning to do their repairs and the actual bite site was not as painful and swollen as before.  The doctor agreed - Praise the Lord!  She was very pleased with my progress and said I am now on the road to recovery.  I do look like I've been shot in the head, but at least my hair covers it up and you can't really tell it's there unless you look up under my bangs. 

I am grateful for the numerous friends (thank God for Facebook!) who prayed for me and had me on their church prayer lists.  I give God all the glory for wisdom, direction, and healing.  Looking forward....I am pushing onward to teach next week.  I am so excited to be returning to the classroom - that has to be God, because I thought I would not be teaching anymore. 

It just goes to just never know who may be sleeping with you...

Until next time,


Cher~ said...

OMGoodness. I can't believe you are dealing with this. Please be more careful who/what you're sleeping with. LOL. Seriously, take care of yourself, dear.